1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Ice Solderless chipv. 1.0 board..getting conflict...help please

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by gsuscrazy, Jan 1, 2005.

1. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

i hooked up my chip inside 3 xbox's. 2 where v.1.0 the other was v.1.0 sc now the first two i would get the same error. it would boot up, reset 3 times, then frag. that happened on both standard v.1.0 boxes. the third box (v.1.0 sc) worked. booted into the chip, and was fully functional. We verified the lpc ports were locked into place, the d0 was properly hooked up...but still both boxes errored out, yet the third one was operational. now i can boot the 2 boxes up normally, with no chip, and play games. so tell me, does anyone know if there is some conflict with early board versions? is there some sort of d0 issue?

2. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

ive noticed no one ever answers my questions...i must assume no one here knows?

3. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

alright i must complain about the lack of help...im sure there is a good reason no one is replying...but i expected at least some senior members to drop in a word...well still waiting on some advice. i have now since closed up the box, and wont be using solderless on this board, but still, dying to know why it was doing what it did..so..if anyone has a clue, feel free to say so.

4. joonbugg

joonbugg Member

Its kinda late, but I think you are onto something. I have tried to install this chip into my 1.0 Xbox for the past week or so, and It still frags every time. I have verified the D0 location, and the wire is in there good. I hope that I am correct in thinking, with the 1.0 version Xbox, there is only 1 wire needed when hooking the adapter to the board. I will admit, I am a noob at these chips and stuff, but I have wasted money on a Spiderchip, and now this. Next time, I will just overpay for a pre-modded system.