1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium Ice Solderless

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by srtl0, Oct 9, 2004.

1. srtl0

srtl0 Member

I just installed the chip everything went smoothly. I started it up and everything went fine. I then put the new Evo X dash board and still everything went fine. I then let it sit over night and when i started it up the Xenium ice OS came up like normal and i went to mess around with the hard drive and a black screen came up with a kernal error or something like that on it. I have no idea what to go on. Can anyone help me out please??

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Did you make backups of your xbox C and D drives before you went 'messing' ?

3. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Any specific error code? What kind of "messing" with the hard drive did you do? Did you replace the hard drive with a larger one. Check that all the cables are seated properly on your HD, and that it is set to master, or cable select. Then I would double check the D0 connection from your chip to your xbox.

4. srtl0

srtl0 Member

Basically i formatted all the drives on the hard drive without backing them up. I'm a retard but that's what i did. I now get the error code that means that my x-box cannot find the dash file. Is there anyway to load that file and all of the orginal system files and whatever other files that my x-box needs to run??

5. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

6. srtl0

srtl0 Member

but how do i go about installing it?? what do i have to do? does this include all of the system files to run the x-box?

7. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Well, I assumed you had already flashed your chip with a bios, since you said you had evox on it already. So if you have, all you have to do is burn the installer to a disc- use good media, something compatible with your drive, and boot from it. When the disc boots up, it is very simple and straight forward, you just select from the menus on the disc. And yes, it contains all of the system files for running the xbox. Go over to www.xbox-scene.com and read through their tutorials on burning the disc, and installation.

8. srtl0

srtl0 Member

i don't have the bios flashed. i don't have the evox bios just the dash board so how do i go about doing that

9. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Did that chip come with a version of the cromwell bios on it that allows you to flash from the startup screen?

10. srtl0

srtl0 Member

no it came with xenuim 0s 2.0

11. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

You can flash a bios on it from the bios bank config menu that is on your xenium chip. Have you read any of the manuals or tuts that are out there about your chip? Can you still get the xenium OS to come up? Check out some of the info on this page. http://www.xbox-modchips.com/tutorials.html