1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenium ice solderless

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Wjason777, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Wjason777

Wjason777 Regular member

i order this chip it didnt come in the mail yet but i was wondering do i need to do anything to the chip after i install it like install a dashboard or something like that, on the site where i order it from it says it comes with a OS, can someone please tell me what i need so i could play backups thats all i really want to do i could use my ps2 for internet play

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

The Xenium is going to comes pre-flashed with OS 2.0 which is like the Xecuters with the legal Cromwell bios to run Linux on your Xbox. To play backups you need to flash a hacked bios(256k,512, or 1mb max)to the chips sofware controlled memory banks. You can flash the chip via http(Xenium OS web interface), HDD, or Dvd-rom drive. First step is to back up the retail bios, flash with a hacked bios, upgrade to a larger HDD(optional but recommended), Install Evox or whatever dashboard you prefer(use slayers or AID) to Format HDD....Install apps and emulators, and backup your Eeprom. Before your chip arrives in the mail go to http://Teamxodus.com and read the IceGuide....Read..read!!!! Learn about how to install the chip,flash, and all of the great features the Xenium Has!!! Also check out the forums so when it arrives your comfortable with installing it on your own. If you read the Iceguide you can't go wrong, it has a step by step for noobs and advanced modders. Good Luck with your install and enjoy your chip, don't think of messing things up..just enjoy the install!! It's pretty fun and the results are awesome

3. Wjason777

Wjason777 Regular member

i got the chip i am installing it now if i need help with putting the software on it could you please help me
    just tell me how i could contact you

4. Wjason777

Wjason777 Regular member

ok i got the chip and installed it, but i dont know if its working or not when i turn on the xbox it loads up the same what do i need to do,
    ps i have a 10ft ethernet wire but i dont have a router could i hook the xbox up to the computer with that? does the xbox has to be on?

could you or someone email me to help me please

leroy.williams@comcast.net

5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

When you boot the Xbox does it take you to XeniumOS or the Original M-soft dash???

6. Wjason777

Wjason777 Regular member

orignal xbox screen

7. Wjason777

Wjason777 Regular member

could you talk to me on aol or msn or yahoo messenger this is taking to long what is your screen name

8. Wjason777

Wjason777 Regular member

could you talk to me on aol or msn or yahoo messenger this is taking to long

9. imastew1

imastew1 Guest

hey when you turn on your xbox push the eject button instead of the "on" button...this should take you to the xenium menu
    good luck