1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium ICE vs Xecutor 3

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Xplayer, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Xplayer

Xplayer Guest

Hey all, trying to decide which chip to get as both sound great.

I haven't soldered in years so doing in and taking chance to mess up motherboard on new box isn't a pleasant thougth.

Found that xbox-modchips does an install for a small fee. So leaning towards letting them do it and I'll do the HDD and install of BIOS and dashboard.

They recommend Xenium but wanting to know what the general consensus is on which is better and which is easier to work with.

Thanks for your comments / opinions.

2. mrlilguy

mrlilguy Member

Xenium Ice Solderless.... and install it yourself... It requires no solder (obviously). I'm a newbie at modding and i did it all myself in about 15minutes. It was hard to get the d0 wire in place, but once i found the spot i put some hott glue on the end of a tooth pick and glued it in place.... FLAWLESS!!

3. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

I've installed 5 Xeniums and haven't had a problem with any of them.Soldering a pin header on to the LPC points is pretty easy.The front side DO point is very small and I wouldn't recomend using it.Backside DO is larger and much easier to solder.The solderless connector is a nice option to and I've done one of those.The spring wire that sticks into the DO on the solderless works pretty well but it can be jarred lose.