1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenium mod chip Bios issue

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by ViperX3, Feb 4, 2010.

1. ViperX3

ViperX3 Member

Ok, I have a Xenium chip modded xbox. I can access the bios screen without a problem. I have the main (default kernal) bios listed, and it will boot fine into the standard MS dashboard without a problem. Although the MS dashboard doesnt allow me to make full use of the system. So, Im trying to setup a bootable launcher setting for the Xenium chip and install EVO-X using Auto installer that I have on a dvd. Im have a long list of available bios's to choose from. My xbox version is V1.0. Or should I be setting the launcher to run something else? Im fairly new to this....so if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  2. scum101

scum101 Guest

strewth.. just google the xenium setup guides.. slayers should do for installing a dash or whatever after the chip is set up... not a softmod installer..

what happens is the bios looks for the dash files in a certain location.. and I think xenium looks for C:\default.xbe or evox.ini .. offhand I can't remember because the xenium chips were not popular here.

3. ViperX3

ViperX3 Member

I think thats the problem, a few missing files on the c drive. I figured out how to update the bios and get the hd partitioned correctly. No problems there. When I boot with the Auto Installer Deluxe dvd in, it reads it fine, and I have my choice of dashboards to choose from for installation. After I install, say the Evo-X and reboot without the dvd, it fails to load the dashboard. I went back through and checked the files listed on the c drive, and evox.ini isnt there. The file is on the dvd though, which Im going to try to just copy it over. Are there any other files Im missing? Note - The HD was completely wiped clean prior to installation. Thanks.

4. ViperX3

ViperX3 Member

Ok a little update. First off..heres the bios Im using = evox.m8plus.fc.137.bin and it works fine for using the dvd to install the dashboards. Im using AID version 4.50, and I can install Anod-X, Avalaunch, etc without a problem. They boot without the dvd, straight to the dashboard. The only one that isnt booting properly is Evo-X no matter how I install it. Any suggestions?

5. scum101

scum101 Guest

if the others work why not evox? .. theres a mystery in itself.

nothing wrong with the bios.. if you have another like avalaunch installed as a main dash ftp to C and have a look what the dash xbe file is called.. make sure the evox dash file has EXACTLY the same name and that it's .ini file matches up.. it's case sensitive and I have a feeling that's where the problem is.

6. ViperX3

ViperX3 Member

I tried renaming files before to all kinds of variations and nothing seemed to work. So, I just installed Unleash and XBMC, and used a skin for the dashboard to make it a similar interface as Evo-X. The functionality is there along with the appearance. I installed all the emulators, which using AID...locked up the system during reboot after the emulators were installed. So, I had to do everything manually via FTP. A pain in the arse but everything is there on the xbox like my friend wanted. Just had to go a round about way I guess. I might have had a bad burn of the iso file for the evo-x part, I dunno. I just dont understand why the installer wouldnt load evo-x correctly for me.

Overall I enjoyed the troubleshooting and tech aspect of it...just wish I could do something like this as a profession.