1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenium SP. ICE problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by aykfc, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

Yes, the os system will boot without hard/disc drives.But what's the use of modding your xbox without anything plugged in.Somebody has the same problem on another thread.Here is what's suppose to happen.

If all 5 wires are inserted correctly(Xenium chip NOT installed yet)power on your Xbox,all 5 lights should lit up.Power off your Xbox.Install the Xenium chip.Power on your Xbox again using the eject button.The 2nd light from your left(Xenium chip facing you where you can read it)should be off and the Xenium chip light should be on.

2. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

no there is no point but he said that they have to be plugged in thats not true like the original bios the flubber still loads it just gives u a error screen it doesnt just frag.

3. MooZleZ

MooZleZ Member

ppl with RED Xenium lights.. do this:

take off your Xenium Chip, power on so u can see the 5 leds light up. then power off and pull out the powercable and the thing you did wrong was place the chip with the text so u can read it while ur on the right side of ur xbox, well this has to be different, you gotta be on de left side and be able to read the XENIUM letters, this worked for me :)

4. TigraoZT

TigraoZT Guest

try to find a little switch on the botton of chip just switch and you ll be ok.

5. aykfc

aykfc Member

Uhh no we wont be ok because thats whats not wrong. Just get the damn chip sodered in by a professional thats what im doing

6. worrom

worrom Member

If you want to get your mod chip to stop fragging. DO NOT use those rivets that are marked as optional in the installation manual. Remove the rivets and re-seat all the wires and chip. This got it working for me.

7. aykfc

aykfc Member

I didnt use the rivets genius

8. worrom

worrom Member

Sorry I can't read minds.

Last edited: May 6, 2005
  9. MooZleZ

MooZleZ Member

dont mind him, hes just pissed cuz he cant install a simple nonsolder modchip..

look do this::

get everything ( of the modchip + SP adapter) out.. then turn on your xbox, turn it off, pull the power cable. install the SP adapter, power on and while its powered on you can adjust the pins with a screwdriver or with your fingers, it wont give any electricity.. and when they are all red just pull out the power cable. and then place your Xenium on it as you see on the added picture.. and make sure the switch on ur xenium is ok..
    now boot up and you should get the Xenium OS.. if it lights on with a red light (the chip) just remove the power cable get the chip off the adapter, boot up with adapter only remove power cable again and switch the switch on the chip put it on the adapter and boot..
    *edit*: let me know if it works, otherwise contact me on MSN or so..

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2005