1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XENO GC

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by xray69, Mar 24, 2007.

1. xray69

xray69 Member

Was wondering if anyone has some input on this bare bones mod chip, which is cliamed to work for the GB and xbox.
    Stats sound pretty impressive:

Features:

- direct boot of DVD+-RW media
    - compatible with all regions & all versions
    - region free loading
    - super easy wireless install
    - no need to remove mainboard
    - PAL/NTSC region force
    - installation control LEDs
    - switchable read setting adjustment / error retry
    - switchable audiofix

At under $10, this would seem like a no-brainer unless, as is likely, there are some hidden detractions to this.
    I am currently thinking of getting a SD media launcher but hell, I'd gladly use this and save $50 or so. My only purpose is to play backups.

2. adren

adren Guest

I've had nothing but a headache with the Xeno GC - it's your choice though - mine still isn't working - and I don't think it's usable on the XBOX

3. xray69

xray69 Member

Yeah I have read your thread adren.
    I think for the price I am going to try it, but also am going to go ahead and order the media launcher also in anticipation of the xeno not living up to expectations.
    I have found it for $8.99 so there is not much to loose.

4. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

I installed one on my brother's GC and it works great for back-ups, but not much else.

If you're worried about it not working, install it using wires instead of soldering it straight to the circuit board since it'll be much easier to remove.