1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenogc EASY INSTALL for noob

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by iPirate, Nov 23, 2006.

1. iPirate

iPirate Regular member

Hey guys I am getting a Gamecube and have a question. Is this any good, Xenogc EASY INSTALL? I have no clue on gamecube backup loading. Is it similar to ps2 modchips? and this easy install. is there no soldering?
    link to modchip http://www.modchip.ca/store/product.php?productid=16286&cat=282&page=1

edit or is there a non soldering solution other than ftp

Last edited: Nov 23, 2006
  2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

If you are going with a modchip or softmod method for your gamecube then you need to purchase a broadband adapter along with the modchip or softmod.The broadband adapter is used to create backups of your GC games,and the modchip or softmod is needed to boot them.There are three softmod techniques that you can use for the GameCube.

Softmod Techniques:
    1.Action Replay Max Drive Pro
    2.Phantasy Star Online 1&2 not plus version streaming method
    3.Action Replay and SD Card reader

Modchips:
    1.Viper Pro/Extreme
    2.Qoob SX/Pro
    3.XenoGC
    4.Ninja Mod
    5.Duo Q

I think when it comes to modchips the best ones to get are the Viper Extreme or the Qoob Pro.The reason I say these two are the fact they can use a USB method to program the modchip with updated bios files.Any other modchip besides these are not bad,but it depends on what you are looking for.

When it comes to softmod methods they all are pretty good,but they don't match up to a modchip.The reason I'm bringing up softmod methods is for the fact that it might be cheaper,not sure how much it will cost you with whatever method you choose.

3. iPirate

iPirate Regular member

well i can get a XenoGC Easy Install modchip for 46 bucks. which is the only modchip the local shop has.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Sorry I should have mentioned this in my last post,but all the GameCube modchips currently out have to be soldered in.The only thing not solderless are the Softmod techniques.

5. iPirate

iPirate Regular member

OK so if I install the modchip all i do is burn the game like a ps2 and it will automatically play?

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It depends bro,if you download a GC game you can go ahead and burn it and play it.If you want to create your own and make backups you need the broadband adapter to stream the images to your PC.The GameCube has a backup scheme kind of like the Xbox,you have to stream the images from the actual system to your computer in order to back them up.I think either way you go with the GameCube softmod or hardmod method you will need the broadband adapter to make your own backups.The GameCube has to have the broadband adapter to stream the image,cause the GameCube has to read the image files.The layout for the GameCube is read from outer to in,but with the PS2 it is read from the inside to the outside.

7. iPirate

iPirate Regular member

ok forget about making backups. how can i run backups.

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

To run a backup with a modchip,it should bring up a bios screen that has the option Boot.Once you are in this option it will tell you to insert a backup and press the A button on the controller.It starts up the drive sequence and boots the backup.Using the softmod method nothing really is different except with a modchip the bios is stored on it,with a softmod you have to launch the bios with whatever softmod technique you use.Trust me running the backups should be the easiest part,creating a backup should be your main concern unless you don't mind downloading them.I know it sucks that you need a broadband adapter just to make backups of your GameCube games,but trust me bro I would recommend you pick one up whenever you get the chance.You can get it for $34.95 bucks here http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...009&lastAction=ProductDisplay&orderTotal=null .

9. Flandrel

Flandrel Regular member

Or you can try a local Gamestop store if you have one near you. I found my Broadband Adapter at the local Gamestop on sale used for about $9.99. Not saying you will get one there but it is worth a try.

Flandrel