1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xf-i Xtreme Music card help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by JoeyBoy, Jan 13, 2007.

1. JoeyBoy

JoeyBoy Member

I have a MSI 945P motherboard if that helps I am installing the sound card and installed it fine in the PCI slot. Turned on the computer and said that it detected it but will not work properly, fine I can live with that. I then went to install the drivers and every time I install them it says "setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running the setup program". Now I know that i installed it because the computer recognizes it just will not install the drivers. any help would be aprreciated thanks in advance.

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

did you remove the driver for the old sound card and/or disable it in the bios first?

3. JoeyBoy

JoeyBoy Member

hmmm good one lol I have an onboard sound that goes with the motherboard but did not try to disable it in the bios thanks I will try that if you or anyone else have any ideas I'm up for it :)

4. JoeyBoy

JoeyBoy Member

Man this sucks thought I had it but still the same. called creative they helped but now when I reinstalled my sound card my computer starts but will not boot. I romove it and it works. please dont tell me my sound card is bad and if it is, that really sucks. any advice :) thanks in advance