1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XFX 780i Driver instalation problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by d7d8d9, Dec 31, 2007.

1. d7d8d9

d7d8d9 Member

Hi, I just put together my new system and I have had to reinstall windows xp about 4x now due to the blue screen. This seems to happen right after I install the audio drivers that come on the motherboard install disk. I also ran memtest86 and it said no problems found so as far as I know thats not the problem.

System:
    XFX nForce 780i 3-way SLI motherboard
    XFX GeForce 8800GTS 512mb
    Intel Core duo E6850 3.00ghz
    Crucial BallistX 2GB pc2-8500
    Corsair 750watt PS
    winxp pro

So I basically get windows up and I install the drivers for the mobo, then the audio for the mobo and thats when I get the blue screen of death, It reboots about 3-4 times then it won't boot anymore and I have to repair(that didn't work either) or reinstall windows

the error I get is Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x000001A8, 0x00000006, 0x00000001, 0xBA700518B)

Wow is this ever annoying.... I can't even get past my welcome screen looks like I have to reload windows????
    I have a buddy that has almost the same system as me but the 680i board, everything seems fine with his system.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. d7d8d9

d7d8d9 Member

Ok i'm adding this info incase it helps the install disk has 3 possible things to install:
    -Nvidia SMBus Driver
    -Nvidia Ethernet driver
    -Nvidia Mediashield(which from what I can tell has something to do with RAID... now I only run one hard drive do I need to install this driver, could this be part of my problem?
    After I install these three divers I install the Audio thats where my trouble seems to start.

3. d7d8d9

d7d8d9 Member

Well I'm up and running and the only things I did different was not installing the realtec drivers from the disk, I did all the windows updates first then realtec's newset driver v1.83 and everything woked out. Oh I also didn't install the nvidia mediashield drivers also. Man this has been a long night (6 reinstalls of xp) but at least I haven't seen the blue screen again.