1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xilisoft dvd ripper to ipod.....need help

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by linkin19, Feb 21, 2006.

1. linkin19

linkin19 Member

hey i didnt know which forum to put it in sorry........well heres the prob. i directly ripped by dvd to ipod format, i was able to add the file to itunes, however it wont transfer to my ipod....it says it can't play because the ipod doesnt support it or something ....converting it with itunes took way too long cuz it was only 4mins 20 mb and i waited like 30 mins and the status made none to lil progress.....i was so happy after founding xilisoft that got my dvd directly to ipod format only to be stopped cuz ipod wont accept it.... please help thanks

2. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

First off, iTunes doesn't convert video's of any kind for you, it may have been adding it to your library if you have it set to do that, but otherwise iTunes shouldn't do anything to it. Now what do you mean by your iPod won't accept it. Does it add/play in iTunes but then say it won't load on your iPod because it isn't compatible? Xilisoft should work just fine for you, if it isn't I'd double check your settings with the one's in a guide that's stickied to the top of the forum.

3. linkin19

linkin19 Member

itunes can play the video but when i try to copy it into my ipod an error message pops up.....so i then right click on the video and click convert selection and it starts to convert....however the conversion takes a long time after 20 mins of waiting its not even a quarter done and the video is only 4mins long 20mb

4. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

SO your Xilisoft converted file is being said to be in the incorrect format? Have you checked your settings with a guide at the top of the forum? If they're correct I'd suggest trying a different program, there are plenty of good options in the guides at the top of the forum. I'd suggest not using the one in iTunes, as it is probably derived from the Quicktime converter which is obnoxiously slow.