1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xilisoft to tmpeg dvd author problems

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by born1974, Mar 24, 2005.

1. born1974

born1974 Member

I just got xilisoft. works great and fast to. problem it don't create ts folders with vob files. just one mpeg file. so i'm thinking fine i'll just put it in tmpeg dvd author and create them in 10 min. problem is even though there is no encoding going on in dvd author. the resulting file has audio video sync problems. that's just weird because after i converted the file in xilisoft the video was pefectly in sync. so why would tmpeg author make the video out of sync when all it's doing is taking a file that is basically ready for a dvd and creating a ts folder. the audio and video sync problem is weird. at the begining of the movie it is in sync by the end it's almost a second out witch means only one posibility ether the video or audio would have to stretch or shrink. could it be somthing i did when i encoded it the first time in xilisoft that even though the file played right, and it played right in every video player i have to, that somthing in the file is saying look out im unstable to even the slight of analizing or changing. in this case just want to make ts folders so burn the file. THANX A TON IF YOU CAN HELP ME!!! OH and i do have canopus procoder and other converters but for some reason xilisoft just flew and result looked better too. that's why i want to use this new program.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  2. born1974

born1974 Member

HI there again. i said above the problem really started after i tried to make a ts folder with tmpeg dvd author. Well i went ahead and took the resulting file that xilisoft made witch was fine at the time, a good convertion only on ts folder and put it in canopus procoder and converted it again with basically the same settings,bitrate,frmerate,video size,the program probably thought that it didn't really have convert much i would imagine. Well belive it or not the reasulting file from canopus and the result from tmpeg author were the exact same. the audio was of the exact same way, the same amount witch means the problem does lie with the resulting file from xixlsoft, but why would that file play right and then whene touched by another the audio-video slip out of place. theres got to be a way to lock the audio and video in place. and i have never had that problem with canopus. the orginal file was an AVI file and xilisoft converted it to dvd mpeg-2 and looked fine so i thought but only when just played in a player like nero,WMP, Power dvd it was all good there. i can't belive that making a ts folder would have anything to do with making the audio and video out of sync. PLEASE HELP. THANX.