1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xISO backup problems.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by darthnip, May 17, 2003.

1. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

i'm having and issue with xISO i think. sometimes when i make the image, it gives me the little box saying it was done successfully, other time it just sayd done creating image. the problem is even when it says it made the image succeffully, the game wont boot. i've made 2 backups the same way with all the same software and they still work fine. when i try to load the ones in question, when the blue xbox logo comes up it says microsoft under it, instead of matrix inside, and the game wont boot, it just takes me to the evox main menu. if i hit the 'play game in dvd" button, it just reboots and goes back to the same place. what could be the problem?? and sometimes in nero, an image that i know is 3+gb, comes up as either 53mb or 800mb, but sometimes it comes up normal size and burns correctly but still wont boot!! help!!

2. prelude99

prelude99 Member

get ISOMaker 2.0 works much better than xISO. i went thru two discs trying to get project gotham to work when using xISO. tried ISOMaker 2.0 and worked on the first try.

3. darthnip

cool thanks, i've tried about 4 others with the same results.

4. pyro88

pyro88 Guest

ya xISO never works for me. i use Simple XISO its easy and works better.

5. darthnip

pyro- yeah i just got that and i'm about to try it. i hope that is my issue, i just tried to put wolfenstein on my harddrive to play it and i get the same result as above, it just reboots. starting to get frustrated!!!!

--ok i got simple unzipped into a folder, when i run the exe it brings up the box saying "extract iso, make iso, etc", but when i tell it what folder to make the iso from it just goes back to the little box that i just came from? what gives????_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Darthnip
    Too bad you can't buy a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth spin real fast and freak everybody out.

[/small]

Last edited: May 18, 2003
  6. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

You dont need to make a ISO image to back up your orginals.

Matt

7. pyro88

pyro88 Guest

ya u do if ur going to put it on a disk.

8. darthnip

motomatt - everything i've ever read says you need to make it into an ISO image. do you know of another working way? like something you have actually done yourself and had it work? please, do tell._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Darthnip
    Too bad you can't buy a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth spin real fast and freak everybody out.

[/small]

9. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Hey you guys can do it any way you want. If you want to take that extra step go for it. Or you could burn a DATA dvd,Track at once(closed)with a file system type of UDF-Up to 128 in filename length, anychar.,plus 8+3 tree(Bridge). Oh yeah.. Also if you burn your original backups the way I described you can read the xbox disk in your PC drive. Whatdaya think?

Matt

10. darthnip

ok i'm going to try it. i wonder what the difference it made if it was ISO or not. do you need to label the disc as anything specific, or just the name of the game?

11. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

doesn't matter.. It was hit-or-miss when I was burning ISO's. Some worked some didn't. The way I told you about hasn't failed me yet.

Matt

12. vortens

vortens Guest

Guys...I HAVE YOUR LIFESAVING ANSWER RIGHT HERE!!! xISO has some serious patching problems and some iso creation problems....I have been working with yursoft as a beta tester and still am not pleased with the results. I have made 100s of xbox isos and lately have had problems with newer xbox games primarily due to Microsoft changing the HEX strings in the default.xbe file...most modchips to this date are out of date with the newest titles...2 for instance are Wolverine's Revenge and Wolfenstein. I killed 12 to 13 discs doing these games a million ways. NOW...want the answer?? CRAXTION...SUPER SUPER ISO MAKER, EXTRACTOR, AND DEFAULT.XBE PATCHER...http://users.bestweb.net/~jltech/craxtion/ GO TO THIS LINK AND DOWNLOAD IT. This is the BEST iso maker...etc...to date without a doubt....FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND YOU WILL MAKE PERFECT WORKING ISOS EVERYTIME. Now if your modchip is out of date and you find yourself getting sent back to the EVOX dashboard upon booting an iso backup game...just crack it using CRAXTION....guys I have been using this for a week and am thrilled at how super easy this program is to use and with all of the other things you can do with the program...IF YOU ARE HAVING ISO BACKUP PROBLEMS USE THIS PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Kenner

Kenner Member

I recently purchased a backup of Wolverine's Revenge ($12) and it plays without any problems on my Matrix chip.

14. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Thats why I dont use it ..

15. darthnip

dont use what matt?

16. vortens

vortens Guest

Well if you bought a backup and it works (which is ILLEGAL) then somebody made the iso correctly....I'm sorry but buying backups is BS unless you have the original...NO ONE should be making money on the games except for the developers...personally I wouldnt have the balls to quote that I BOUGHT a backup...you and the person selling them could get in big trouble...if your going to backup your games then fine...DON' SUPPORT PIRACY...WE ALL LOSE IN THE END....and if some of you are taking this defensively then shame on you...get a real job so you can enjoy today's entertainment industry!

17. darthnip

kenner - you might want to edit that post before the mods see it. it will prolly get you banned. i would have said something earlier but i've been caught up in my pwn xbox dilema and wasn't paying attention.

18. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

The Xiso programs and stuff

19. vortens

vortens Guest

No brains, integrity, or drive to do it on your own, just supporty piracy huh? Loserboy, get off of this forum and get a job you lard ars twinky eating couch potatoe.