1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xISO burning with Nero

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Lagerlout, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Lagerlout

Lagerlout Member

Hi guys, cool site btw, helped me no end already..

Just a small one (I hope!!)...
    I've created an xISO image using XISO v1.1.5, and I'm trying to burn it to DVD using Nero. When I try to drag the file into the destination window, Nero tells me that "the file is larger than 2GB so cannot be stored in an ISO file system" and that I should " use the UDF file system to write such large files". I tried this and the disc did nothing. Any clues where i might be going wrong?? SO near yet So far!! Lol
    TIA..

2. Scot

Scot Regular member

Is your computer formatted Fat32????? If so you will have to convert your file system on your pc to NTFS. You can't burn games larger than 2gb with the Fat32 file system. You can check to see what your pc is formatted to by viewing the properties of your C:

3. RogT

RogT Member

Hi,

I had the same problem under Windows XP which does have a NTFS formatted C drive. My ISO file was 2.9GB and Nero could not handle it. I got the same error saying that it exceeded 2GB and switched to UDF. So, my solution ... well, I used Alcohol 120% which worked great.

Try this before you go reformatting your hard drive. You can download a trial version from http://www.afterdawn.com

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

4. RogT

RogT Member

5. Scot

Scot Regular member

Sorry, If you are NTFS then use record now max, as it is the best burning software for xbox games (IMO)

Try using record now max to burn your .iso images. There is no settings to change. You simply select the image tab, add your .iso, pick your recorder, and burn. Here is link for a free 30 day trial.
    http://downloads.stompinc.com/files/stpRNM450e_STPD.exe

If that works then you can say that nero was your problem.

6. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

whats is so big that it is over2 gb? did u put a game on it?

7. Lagerlout

Lagerlout Member

Yeah, I'm trying to back up a game. I'm going to try alcohol120% and see if that makes a difference.

link for record now max is dead btw...

8. Scot

Scot Regular member

9. Lagerlout

Lagerlout Member

Tried RNM and its exactly the same. Evox says 'no disc'. Also tried craxtion to make ISO. Still no joy. Going to try some different media (again!!)
    Also, when i look at the disc it self, there is a gap between the centre of the disc, and where the 'burning' appears to start?? Is this norml???
    TIA

10. Lagerlout

Lagerlout Member

In case you were wondering (which I'm sure you weren't!!) I've sorted it!!. Not sure of the exact cause of my original problem, but I updated my drives firmware, used Craxtion, Nero and some Ritek DVD-R's and I'm cooking on gas!!!
    Thanks for your help guys!!