1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XISO

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by PCNutter, Mar 29, 2003.

1. PCNutter

PCNutter Member

Basically I am trying to make an iso image (i have taken the information from the xboxs D drive using flashxp etc) of my xbox game using Yursoft xiso 1.1.0. When I click on the Yursoft icon I get an Access violation at address 00000002. Read of address FFFFFFFF. If I click on ok in the error box it takes me to the yursoft options, everything seems fine. I click on make an xiso and it seems to convert the image but it never says end of image and I don't get a box saying image created correctly. However when I burn the image to DVD-r (4x speed Data track) using my Pioneer DVR-105 it doesn't work, just a black screen

So I can only assume there is something wrong with the software.

I would be very grateful for any help.

2. PCNutter

PCNutter Member

The game I am trying to back up is Dead or Alive 3, second time have tried to do it and still a black screen when I try and load the back up. Could this be the game i.e. needs patching or is there a better programme i need to burn the image to DVD instead of Nero.

Thanks

3. PCNutter

PCNutter Member

Right looking around it seems that gdfimage is good for converting the xbox files to an iso image. However I cant find one that works, so if any of you good people can give me a link to a working copy, it would be much appreciated.

I need to get this sorted because I wont rest until I do lol.

Cheers

4. hoppers

hoppers Regular member

5. Dank

Dank Regular member

xISO was the biggest problem i had.. i couldn't get hardly anything to work. some people have good luck with it but i didn't. use GDFImage kinda hard to find cause it is copyrighted by microsoft but i have been able to back up everything with it.

6. PCNutter

PCNutter Member

Right, using GDFimage to make the iso now. when it in the process of been made I can see the image file in the directory I have told it to be saved. However, when it completes it says xbox iso successfully created but when I go to the directory where I have saved it, its no longer there. Even did a file search and its no were to be found.

Any ideas why this is happening.

By the way I am using windows 2000 pro.

Thanks in advance.

7. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

My advice is not to use Xiso or GDFimage.. Just burn the files directly with Record now.
    FTP the files over
    Burn with track at once (Closed)
    UDF up to 128 in filename length, any char,plus 8+3 tree (bridge)
    then drag your files and burn...

8. Dank

Dank Regular member

Same thing happened to me.. I bet the file system you are using on the drive the iso is being saved to is a fat32 system... or that was my problem.. fat32 can only save files up to 4 gigs anything bigger than that it just takes 4 gigs off the available space and the file is no where to be found. i had to reformat my drive to NTFS and had no problems after.

9. PCNutter

PCNutter Member

yep, was using fat32 on the drive the info was on. In the process of converting it to NTFS as we speak, i will let you know the outcome.

10. Dank

Dank Regular member

that will solve your problem im sure.. good luck
    Cheers!

11. PCNutter

PCNutter Member

Well I have my lovely new Dead or Alive 3 iso file now using GDFimage GUI and ISomaker 1.21 (made two) any the problem I am now having is burning it to a DVD-r. I'm using Nero 5.5.9.13,DVD-ROM(ISO), but at the bottom where it tells you the size of the file it is only showing as 225mb but if you click on the properties of the iso file it is showing as 4.24gb.

Any ideas why this is happening (can anything else go wrong)is this anything to do with ntfs?

12. Dank

Dank Regular member

after you have the iso, start up nero and click cancel on the wizard. then goto file then select burn image. select the iso file and it will bring up a burn screen. it will prob say cd on the left hand part of the screen. click on trhe arrow and change the cd to dvd. then make sure you have the finalize checked on that same screen and burn disk at once and it should work. try with a dvd-rw so you can erase it and not waste it if it doesn't work.

13. PCNutter

PCNutter Member

Omg, I don't believe it, I did it, I made my first back up, using RecordNow. lol I have been trying since Sunday. 7 dvd-r's later and an installation of windows 2000 pro (was using 98se) and it finally works.

Well thx for the quick reply mates.

Regarding Nero, bet i am missing some sort of pluggin, i'll have to check that out.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2003
  14. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

hi
    if i use record now do i still need to create the iso after i copy the d: drive files over.

15. PCNutter

PCNutter Member

No m8, just follow Motomatt instructions. Believe me its a lot better than mucking about with the ISO image.

16. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

i tried it on a dvd+rw, exactly what motomatt said but it reads "unknown" i'm using matrix chip, evox d6 blue bios. i don't think i'm soing anything wrong.

17. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

does it say that before you burn the disk or after it's in the XBOX? Also the only type of RW I could get my xbox to read was a CDRW... Still have not found a DVDRW that will work in mine.. But +R's have not failed me yet..
    MAtt

18. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

it says "unknown" after i place the burnt game into the xbox. and to the dvd+rw i used is the one i use to test out a game first before i burn it to a dvd+r.

19. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

If you can believe this.. I burned a game and had it work 1 time on my xbox.. It loaded one time and then would not load at all.. You need to experiment with your DVD media.. Pretty sure this is your problem..

20. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Also I am not sure if this matters or not.. Maybe someone else might know? Are you doing a full format and not a quick format when you erase your dvdrw's?