1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xivd movie green in places

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Cirsinn, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Cirsinn

Cirsinn Member

Hi, I have an xivd I'd like to convert into a vcd. Only problem is...the movie which I"m playing in windows media is green in spots and although the quality is excellent if it didn't have digital doubling of images. It's hard for me to describe. Will it stay this way if I burn encode it and convert to vcd? Should I be playing the movie in xivd player? Can I get that from your site?

Thanks,
    Cirsinn

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

3. Cirsinn

Cirsinn Member

HI, I have that codec already. Do I open the codec or anything? I can play the xivd movie in my windows but the picture is...gosh, it's hard to explain. It's like it will show a scene and when switching to another scene you can still see shadows of the old scene and it's all digital. Only for that...it would be an excellent quality movie. Perhaps it's something I can't fix?? What do you think? I didn't make this movie....but I want to convert it into a vcd.

I"m concerned though that this problem with the ditital quality won't go away when I encode with TMPGE encoder.

Cirsinn

4. Dela

Well I don't know if it will go away when encoded! You dont ned to open the codec or anything,it should be just fine after installation! Perhaps you could try and play back the xvid in windvd or powerdvd or something??

5. TW1L1GHT

TW1L1GHT Member

Go to C:\Windows\System32\

And rename or remove "ffdshow.ax".
    That should do the trick.

GreetZ TWiLiGHT

6. Cirsinn

Cirsinn Member

If I remove that file...will the green go away? or is a bad file to begin with. It seems that all xivd movies have this problem as well as the digital screwup with the picture quality. Dvd rips are much better.

Cirsinn

7. Dela

True. In future go for SVCD releases if possible!