1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XMBC Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by PLowran, Apr 8, 2006.

1. PLowran

PLowran Member

HELLO!
    I am having a small problem, when I try to watch movies on my XBMC it freezes up, I can only get some WMV's to work.
    The AVI's and MPG's freeze the system and I have to restart.
    Any Idea why this is happening?
    Also I know we are not supposed to ask for stuff on the forum but I cannot find a program called WMV2XMV does anyone know where I can find this Please?
    Thnx
    PLowran

2. cj2087

cj2087 Regular member

maybe you have a older version of XBMC... try updating XBMC to an earlier version... i am going to test out watching some avi or mpg files on my XBMC, ill post my results later....

3. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

To be honest it sounds like an incompatability problem. I usually convert all my stuff to VOB then use DVDlab pro to make an actual DVD of the movie or anything. The only problem I encounter is that periodically it get selective about what it will play. Remember, the dvd playback is still experimental and very buggy no matter what version you have. Even the playback dongle is selective.

4. PLowran

PLowran Member

I wasnt watching a dvd its only media files that run no problem on my pc...how do I update my XBMC?
    Maybe thats the problem... or how do i get the codecs to install?

5. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

Just got to Xboxmediacenter.com and look for updates and fresh installs. They also have every file you need to get it to work like a gem.