1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XOBOX HDD Question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by machacker, Nov 29, 2009.

1. machacker

machacker Member

I am a noob when it comes to the xbox I have managed to get unleashx on the original hdd. I have a second hdd and I am just wondering if it is possible to remove the dvd drive "don't need if anymore with ftp access" and replace its spot with a larger hdd and have both hdds running at the same time. The original to store the unleashx files and have the second to ftp games and roms to.

I am hoping this is possible because I don't have a computer that has the cable to format the second drive anymore. Also the second drive is xbox formated from the last xbox I owned I had it runnng evox but I had to replace that xbox and the new one is a newer version and using the second hdd in place of the original will not work. I already tried it total no go.

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

2 minutes looking stuff up would have told you to stop wasting your time.

only way you can ditch the dvd drive is with a chip, and then it's no use at all for what you want to do because all the xbox software, games and everything else is written for ONE hdd and ONE dvd drive.

2 drives are used with chips specifically to use the xbox as a linux pc/server/nas type machine.. not as an xbox.

anyway.. all academic unless you buy a chip or get a pc which has suitable cabling arrangements.