1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xoom DivX2DVD problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by garyevs, Jun 7, 2004.

1. garyevs

garyevs Member

Hi

I have started to use the above program to author DVD's from DivX files. It seems great, when it works.

I am using XP, but every time the program is started, it says "unable to load the burn engine, you may have some new hardware installed in your machine, you will need to restart the program".

At this point, if you look in "My computer", the CD & DVD drives are not listed and need to be reinstalled via the device manager. I restart the software and it then crashes with the blue XP Stop screen. A few errors are listed, the latest one is "BAD_POOL_CALLER"

I have tried the software on a different machine, with the same result. Are there any plug-ins or additional drivers required for this to run properly?

Cheers

2. kj57

kj57 Member

Hi did you get this to work as i have the same problem

3. garyevs

garyevs Member

no, it happened on my other PC, too. Bad bug I expect.

4. kevo

kevo Member

Hi all.I had the same problem with x-oom .So to solve the problem i disable my drives first then run divx2dvd.After the prog has created the vobs i re instate my drives and burn with nero.Hope this helps.

Kevo

5. cavis

cavis Member

I was using Deamon Tools and that caused the same problem i think, because i disbaled all drives in Deamon Tools and then it was working fine.

BR
    Cavis