1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP Boot Time

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Liquid86, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

I'm running XP Pro on the machine you see below, but recently it takes far too long for XP to boot. When I first built this little puppy XP would boot in about 15 seconds but now it takes 2 to 3 minutes...sometimes I just have to reset it, I hvae no Idea whats going on and I'm trying to save myself from a HD wipe, any thoghts?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]~Life is a liquid dream...let it flow!
    Athlon XP 2000+, GeForce3 ti-500, 512MB DDR Plextor 24x10x40A, Pioneer 16x DVD
    60 gig Maxtor HD, XP Pro! [/small]

2. monzaman

monzaman Guest

I don't give a chuf about your specs:)

Are you sure it booted in 15 secs? Do you meen POST or Win Load Screen or Log On Screen if it booted to Log on Screen (or desktop if not using logs) in that time, then your install is (was)corrupt. Usual time is about 1 to 2 mins depending on HD and CPU. Any services you have running in your tool tray will slow down the load time (boot into safe mode and disable unneeded tool tray apps, most are pointless anyway and just hog resources) Things like fax machines will seriously slow down the load time. Also disable unused services (check task manager to see whats running in PROCESSES) and check your service logs for '!' or 'X' reports. Check your APM features and try disabling.

Theres loads more but I need info

Monz