1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xp folder

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by langarn, Apr 8, 2006.

1. langarn

langarn Member

My computer crashed one day. It was the powersuply so all the other equipment was whole including my harddrive. On that hirddrive I have files that I cant just format away. I bougt a new computer and tried to install the old hirddrive but it didn´t work. I then insted installed another hirddrvie with xp and maked the old one slave. It worked fine but I cant reach one folder on the old hirddrive. Its the folder "Documents and Setting\kolli". Kolli is my account on the old hirddrive and its password protected. Now when I have an new xp I cant log in as that account so I realy nead to crack that folder to get to my files. Anybody now how?

2. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

Have you tried going into account management? Usually you can adjust profile privlidges. Or have you tried booting into safe mode? Usually you have unlimited access to anything under Administrator Id's. Let me know if it works.

3. langarn

langarn Member

I cant by any means boot from the old harddrive. I have even tried to repair the xpinstalation from the xpinstaltationcd and it didn´t work. And the account manager just shows the accounts on my new harddrive not the old one. Im always loged in as admin and I cant´t reach the folder anyway.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

there's a few things you could do still. you should be able to access the files through DOS. if not, find a copy of Linux (like Knoppix) that can run from your cd/dvd drive without being installed on the compie. that will give you total accesss to all files and allow you to manipulate them as needed.