1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP Home Install

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by iPirate, Aug 29, 2006.

1. iPirate

iPirate Regular member

Hey guys Need help here.

I ventured into Linux, I love it and all but I realized that I need Windows XP for school,eigh. I need CS2,InDesign and Macromedia Flash and I dont have a machine that can handle the emulation of WINE, so I need to run these programs nativly.

I have a XP install cd backup, lol backup guys. ANyway I pop it in and wa-la, no MS-DOS, but DR-DOS, how do I or what do I do with DR-DOS, I know what it is but never used it so I dont know how to format the drive/and install the OS. Does anyone know how to do it?

Please dont read this then backup to the previous page, I need some help as school starts.

2. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

??? DR-DOS on an XP backup? That doesnt sound right. Go to bootdisk.com, download a Win98 boot disk and boot it without CD rom support. Run fdisk at the A:\ prompt and remove all the partitions. Add one primary partition (if thats what you want). Reboot, again with no CD support, and format the new drive. After that, reboot WITH CD support and run setup from the cd.

~Rich

Edit: Corrections

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006