1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xp home key problems :( (Solved)

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by madman35, May 8, 2009.

1. madman35

madman35 Guest

Hi i have a dell inspiron 1525 laptop with vista basic iinstalled on it but i am downgrading to xp home i have the product key of one of my old laptops (that is running ubuntu linux right now) and when i try to activate xp home on my dell 1525 it says that the key has been used to many times (or somethin along those lines) and i am trying to find out how i can activate it without buying xp again.

thanks in advance
    john

(p.s i can give more details if you need em and i am ony 13)

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

When that happens you are given a toll-free number to call. Just do so
    and activate by phone. It's quick and easy.

3. madman35

madman35 Guest

ok i will try that i dont remember it throughing up a toll free number but thank you i will check it out and get back to you.

thanks
    john

4. madman35

madman35 Guest

ok so it says "acording to our records the number of times you can activate windows using this product key has been exceeded" and no number at all shows up.

any help ?

thanks
    john

5. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Repeat the process with internet disconnected; it will give you the number.

6. madman35

madman35 Guest

hey again just called them (microsoft) and they wouldn't give it to me(something about xp being licensed to the machine the product key is off)but i put my dad on and he told them what was going on and they gave him the key and we punched it in (not litteraly of course) and now i have windows xp home working and activated.

thanks for the help guys

john

(p.s if at first you don't succeed put your father on the phone he will tell them vista is a piece of **** and they will give him the code)

(p.s.s if you are 40 years old remember there is your dad out there who is is somewhere between 50-70 years old and he will go wipper snapper on there arse.)

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2009
  7. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Yeah, you give them enough trouble and they will give a activate just about any key.