1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xp home network setup

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by theiced1, Sep 17, 2006.

1. theiced1

theiced1 Member

Hi! Im having a real tough time setting up a network with my computers. I'll give u a rough run thru of what i have. I have a p.c which is connected to a wireless router using ethernet cable, which is also connected to a cable modem thru another ethernet cable. I also have 2 laptops in the house, both have got wireless capabilities. All computers have Windows XP Home edition. I can share the internet connection properly, but i cant seem to share folders with each computer, as in, set up a proper network. I have put in the same workgroup names, but is there something i'm not ticking/unticking? Can someone give me a really good guide on how to set this up (detailed preferably)...'cause for some reason, nothing is working for me. I would be really happy for some input, since my little sister is dying to share her music files with the computers. And i wont disagree, but i too am looking forward to some file sharing! Thanx in advance!

2. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

3. theiced1

theiced1 Member

do you know what ICS is? i hear it has something to do with networking.

4. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

[bold]ICS[/bold] stands for [bold]I[/bold]nternet [bold]C[/bold]onnection [bold]S[/bold]haring.

refers to networking in a way as it allows for a computer (assuming the modem is connected to one computer) to share the internet connection over the network