1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP Keeps rebooting on startup after receiving BSoD**

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Leviathin, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Leviathin

Leviathin Member

Hi,

Well let me start off with my problem... My computer keeps restarting on startup after receiving the Blue Screen of Death after the Windows XP loading screen.

Now with the cause... This might be very general but it's what I did before this problem started occuring:

- The day before I installed part one of Roxio Media Center Suite 9
    - Today I installed CD2 after putting the image onto a fake drive using Magic ISO
    - My computer sucks ass and the directory of the CD was not loading so I extracted CD2 ISO with WinRar
    - I then unmounted CD2 Image, and disabled the fake drives
    - I loaded the setup file from the extracted ISO
    - There was a loading screen for the setup
    - I got hungry so left for about an hour to get some cereal
    - Came back, computer kept rebooting!!!

I don't know how to fix this problem, and I don't have enough time to copy down what it says on the Blue Screen of Death because it's only there for about half a second.

ABSOLUTELY ANY, I REPEAT ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!!
    I hope my problem will soon be solved!!!!
    - Thanks in advanced from Mike

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

3. Leviathin

Leviathin Member

Thanks so much for the help, I will try it now, and I will post my result in this thread!

Thanks chunkhead :D

4. Leviathin

Leviathin Member

Ok well I tried it and

IT DID NOT WORK

Please I need more help...
    Currently I am searching for data recovery software to backup my files which were on the system, but I still wouldn't mind help to fix this problem with the bootup.

Absolutely any help is appreciated!!
    --Problem is still unresolved please see first post for description on problem--

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Can you boot into safemode? F8 whilst booting...

6. jony218

jony218 Guest

Have you verified what the drive letters are in your non-booting hard drive? If the drive letter assignments got changed (with the magicISO /Roxio ) in the registry, it would cause the computer to continuously reboot (due to windowsxp unable to find the startup files needed). This is something that is easy to check and fix. On WindowsXP everytime I have a booting problem that the first thing I check. Use the demo of "paragon justboot corrector" to check your non-booting hard drive.

http://www.justboot.us/boot_corrector.htm