1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP keeps restarting at load up page

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by shamoo82, May 23, 2008.

1. shamoo82

shamoo82 Regular member

hello all, for some reason my computer keeps restarting, it loads up the "black screen" then the windows logo comes up and then it starts all over again. i have only just about 2months ago reformatted using wipedrive and i havn't even downloaded anything. it was working fine, it wouldnt be a problem but i have some stuff i need on both HD's i cant even wipe 1 and reinstall windows, anyone know why or how i can get it to start?

2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

have you tried going into safe mode 'cuz it might be a newly installed program causing the problem

3. jony218

jony218 Guest

If your using windows xp, it sounds like a "drive letter change" problem. You might want to try the demo below and see if it will boot up your computer. When it boots up, look at the drive letters. The system drive letter needs to be "c", if it's something else than thats your problem.

The reason a wrong drive letter will cause the system to loop, is because windows is looking for the startup files in the wrong drive. If startup files are not found windows will reboot.

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/JustBoot_Boot_Corrector_38938_p/