1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP Media center or XP Home Edition?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by demon406, Apr 17, 2006.

1. demon406

demon406 Member

i am currently running WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION right now but i am planning to get WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTER EDITION. i m so confused if its worth buying it or no. i have asked many guys about it but some says its better than home edition and some says its just the same. is it really fast then xp home? will the games and programs will run faster? oh and i dont have a tv tuner card or something like that just a normal gaming pc. is home it self better or mce is much better ?
    please let me know guyz.
    thx in advance.

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

MCE is built off the same technology. You won't get any performance gains. MCE is the same operating system, just a unique interface, and more support for multimedia apps and hardware.

3. demon406

demon406 Member

so what do you prefer me to use?

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Home is about to go the way of the dodo, but if you ask me, the operating system you will have to have the functions you want to use most.

So, if you're into multimedia apps, streaming, video encoding and recording ...go with MCE.