1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP mic recording levels

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Mr_Taz_UK, May 6, 2005.

1. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Well, I consider my self to be pretty good when it comes to PC's but this on has me baffled.

I recently downloaded skype. When I spoke to people they said my voice was clear but the level was very low. After much checking or drivers & swapping of soundcards, It turn out to be the recording level for the mic.

I know what your gonna say.........

check the recording level for your mic, right? I did, and I set it as high as it would go, even switched on the mic boost. Thats when I noticed that the recording slide controls dont actually do anything. In fact, the entire recording setting system is dead....yeah....enabled, but dead.

If I mute the mic input in the recording section, I still hear it. If I move the mic recording level slider to the bottom, I still hear it. If I move the recording and playback levels to the top, and activate mic boost it should be rattling the windows right....no.

In short, I have tried everything I can think of and none of it makes any difference.

Pulling my hair out here....need help.

[bold]EDIT[/bold]

After all this it turns out to be skype thats at fault. nvm folks, thanks to all those on IRC who helped me figure this out.

Last edited: May 6, 2005
  2. waiski

waiski Administrator Staff Member

Problem solved. Another job well done.. (quoting bender here) ;)

3. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

@Mr_Taz_Uk: I had the same prob. What was wrong? I did a test call where it records your voice and mine came back about 1/2 the volume?

4. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

@ashroy01,

I'm afraid that the situation with Skype still has not changed. I have sent an email to their support staff, but no reply as yet.