1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP Pro missing some things

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Mr_Del, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

I am sitting here on my sons computer giving it the final set up and noticed a couple of things missing.

1)RIght click my computer and select properties. The Remote tab is gone.

2)Right click on empty desktop area and select properties. Go into screen savers tab. In the screen saver section the check box says On resume, Password protect. It should say On resume, show login screen.

3) Click start\all programs\accesories. The internet explorer Icon is gone.

4) Click start. At the very top left hand side it says Internet. When clicking it you get internet options. It should say Internet Explorer and open that program.

So far this is all I have found missing. Problem 3 and 4 I can fix but the other 2 have me lost. This was a sliptream SP2 install. I will keep looking for a solution. Please let me know what you think. Also don't make mention of Mozilla. I already know about it, have tested it, and will not use it.

Thanks
    -Del

5) Unable to run network wizard. This system can go on net. NIC is built in and current drivers are installed.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.