1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP Pro on Presario V6210ca

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by cbigganz, Aug 14, 2007.

1. cbigganz

cbigganz Member

I've been trying to get all the drivers for the V6210CA I bought second hand and installed XP Pro on. Ive got only a few left but they're driving me crazy. The laptop runs find but I can't figure out what I'm missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :D

-- Link to hardware screenie

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Did it have XP on it originally?

3. andrewpei

andrewpei Member

I have also found myself with this same issue. I am not a big fan of Vista so I formated and installed Windows XP PRO. Upon Windows launching I discovered that the majority of my hardware has no drivers. I am trying to find the driver for my Broadcom WLAN so I can at least get the machine online so I can find the rest of the drivers.

If anyone can help, that would be fantastic. HP is not willing to help because they only support the computer with Windows Vista.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Unfortunately, it's difficult, and in a lot of cases impossible.
    I've just written this in another thread:

5. cbigganz

cbigganz Member

this is a link to all the xp drivers available for the v6000 series laptops, the wireless driver there will solve your problem Andrew. I currently use it without any problems. Still, I cannot figure out what they are missing here, possibly the IR or bluetooth but I'm not sure if the drivers for those were built into vista or if they were extra.

6. andrewpei

andrewpei Member

Awesome, thank you so much. I downloaded the Broadcom driver at work and synced it to my iPod. When I get online tonight I will take a better look around for those drivers you are missing. If I find anything I will let you know.