1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xp pro v.s. media center

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Dlux427, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Dlux427

Dlux427 Regular member

alright..i have pro on my pc right now. i can have 2 OS on the same pc through boot magic an partition magic. well i already setup those programs and i have the media center discs. well has anyone experienced both? i would like to know what you guys think about the 2. is it worth the setup. i listen to TONS of music and watch MANY movies. so i think it would be great for me, but idk. please feel free to express your opinions

2. Niobis

Niobis Active member

I've used all three Home, Pro and MCE and MCE is by far the best, even though there isn't a big difference. You'll get more backgrounds, sounds, images and a few extra editing tools. I like the extra sounds for Windows 'cause the default login and logout sounds get old. Since you listen to alot of music and watch alot of movies, MCE would be great for you. I only use the MC for pictures 'cause I like stand alone players better for muisc and movies. Give it a try, you'll like it better than Pro.