1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP Recovery Please someone help!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bubbahead, Jul 15, 2005.

1. bubbahead

bubbahead Member

Hello, i have a prob i need help with. I have lost the recovery disc for my Hp Pavilion computer. I need to reinstall Windows Xp. Can i make a recovery cd from another computer running xp, can i use another hp computers disc. What are my options.

2. peanuts2

peanuts2 Regular member

Well you could call up HP and order new recovery discs, that would be one thing to consider.If I lost my disc and was desperate, I would try to get a hold of just a standard copy of windows XP.You can boot from a windows xp disc.First you put it in the drive and shut down and reboot the computer with the disc in the drive. the computer will flash a screen and say to press any key to boot cd.Then you repair or reinstall windows.The problem with that is with your discs that came with you computer, one of them has the drivers for the devices on your system.So if you do install a full version of windows then you will not have the drivers that are needed for your computer, unless the provide them on their website(HP) for your model.It would be better just to buy some more discs from HP.I'm sure it would cost less then buying windows at the store. Emachine recovery discs cost 20 dollars.So that's better than paying 100 dollars for a version at the store.If the other HP is the same model then it would run fine and have the correct drivers for your computer.Plus if you sell you computer to your friend then you want to have the recovery disc that came with the computer.