1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP repair

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Mez, Jan 29, 2011.

1. LukeOzade

LukeOzade Member

Wiped my pc with acronis to sell on and tried to install windows XP home edition but now just get
    NTLDR is missing ... and can't get the pc to boot.

Thought I'd d'load setup boot discs from microsoft website... installed the programme on my laptop which reads ....

This program creates the Setup boot disks for Windows XP. To create these disks, you need to provide 6 blank, formatted, high-density disks.

Please specify the floppy drive to copy the images to:

.... but when I enter drive F or C etc. the dos screen vanishes ?

I can access the CMOS by F1 on start up.

Can anyone advise

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Should start your own thread

it's asking you to provide the drive letter your floppy drive has been assigned as soon as it's selected then floppy disc 1 will be written too,be sure to have the disc already there & make sure write protect is disabled on the floppy,have the other 5 floppies standing by

What do you mean in your first paragaph when you tried to install xp home,what did you use

Edit: forgot to mention you can't just use any version of xp floppy images from microsoft you have to use whatever version your licence is so it's either retail,oem & whether 32bit or 64,if it's an hp or whatever you may have to go to their website instead

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

LukeOzade, start your own thread as hijacking another member's thread is a forum rule no no.

4. LukeOzade

LukeOzade Member

This is a retail version of XP i d'loaded i have a fully genuine and valid license and used my own key.

I don't have a floppy drive on my laptop.

Kind regards