1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP System Restore..WILL NOT RESTORE

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by holey24, Nov 5, 2006.

1. holey24

holey24 Member

Hey guys..tried a Google search to no avail..All the multiple checkpoints I've got I've tried and NONE will let me restore..reasoning for the restore is that my virtual memory is too low and I can't run some thing (in particular DVDShrink)...is there some way to do this and/or is my memory low due to incompaticble programs? thx all

2. bkf

bkf Guest

Try a restore in safe mode

3. holey24

holey24 Member

I'm not much for tech...how would I go about doing that?

4. 21Q

21Q Regular member

!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU RESTORED SO FAR??????

doing this to mant times will delete important files and will mess ur comp, I have experienced this. Will mess up anything near and dear to you. I had to reinstall my os because the net frame and etc. were screwed. so stop restoring.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  5. bkf

bkf Guest

Reboot your computer and then keep tapping the F8 key while it's coming back up. You will get a screen that gives you a bunch of choices. The one at the top says
    SAFE MODE. Click on that the log on as normal. Try the restore then reboot again to get you back out of safe mode.

A restore won't affect your memory unless you installed something that is using it up then a restore to a time before what you installed something might work. If you did install something you might uninstall it first to see if things go back to normal. You might consider asking in the virus forum. Shrink uses alot of computer power. Your system might require some tweeking.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2006