1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xp system restore.

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by mwmrmick, Jun 1, 2009.

1. mwmrmick

mwmrmick Member

My system restore will not work. I get the message restore incompleate, no changes made to your computer. Any restore point produces the same message. I tried last restore undo and got the same result. My computer is slow and cirtain programs do not run as they should, system restore should fix it but it wont work. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards Mick

2. elliott

elliott Regular member

Sound like one of a few things maybe wrong your hd is corrupted, the restore files are corrupted and you may have a virus or trojan possibly spyware have you scanned your hard drive for any of these? Try this first do a disc clean up, defrag your hard drive, run disc check here is a link for that http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265 after you have done this scan for any infections then try system restore again. Make sure to back up any important files on to a usb thumbdrive or some dvd discs you may have to perform a complete restore or reinstallation of all your software and programs.