1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP taken multiple minutes to function

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by aldan, Mar 25, 2012.

1. aldan

aldan Active member

what kind of system is it?how much ram?when did the problem start?any recently installed programs or hardware?

2. hacyec

hacyec Member

Tried originally with 1 stick of 1gb RAM, thought it was that and swapped it with another 1 gig, same issue. Now its running with 2x 1gb sticks. The computer ran for years on 1 gig no issue up until this problem started. Right before the issues started about a week or two ago there had been no software or hardware changes.

3. aldan

aldan Active member

hmm,maybe a wee bug?try downloading,updating and running superantispyware and delete anything it comes up with.also download,update and run malwarebytes and delete anything it comes up with.now download update and run a scan with hijack this.do not fix anything just yet with this program.post a hijack this log and we will see what it says.also post logs from the other two programs as well.

4. hacyec

hacyec Member

I'll try that. With the system being so slow, would it be ok to connect the HDD onto my HDD dock and scan as an external drive or would they have to be run through Windows itself?

5. aldan

aldan Active member

i would just scan it the way it is,through windows.