1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xp/vista ??????????

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by geburuh, Jan 11, 2008.

1. geburuh

geburuh Regular member

@IHoe,
    The verbatin package is stamped: Made in Tiawan..........
    Thanks for all your info,
    Catch you later........

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

playback problems can be caused by several things booktyping to DVD-ROM is good as IHoe siad. burn speed is important, for the DL media you want to keep it at 4x max.

the Sony drive you bought will be a rebadged Lite-On

3. geburuh

geburuh Regular member

Let me ask a SMART question............
    I have 4 grandkids ( ages 5 -21 ) that have used this machine many times. Is it possible that some machines just plain don't like children?
    What do you think?

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I don't have Gkids, YET!!!! but I would never let them play with my computer EVER! I don't even let my son or my brothers touch my keyboard or mouse! I still remember my son feeding oatmeal to the VCR, saying, "look Daddy, it's not hungry anymore!" that was 20yrs ago!!! LOL

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

If the Gkids use your XP computer, set up a seperate account for them, limit them to a Guest or set up an account as limited and they will not be able to make drastic changes to the computer while you are not watching them, beware of the pop-tart in the DVD Drive syndrome, and remind them that open drives are not cup holders, etc.
    Beware of the older ones downloading things from Myspace or similar type pages, (Spyware and the likes). You'll be fine.