1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xp with Stand-by problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by OU812Ono, Sep 19, 2005.

1. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

I recently did a clean install, after I loaded all my programs and files back in my Standy-By button has been acting funny. If I press it, the comp shuts down fine, but as soon as the HDD stops spinning it starts back up. I figure it's a program running in the background, but it's almost the exact same setup I had before "and it worked fine then". I've tried to write M$ about it, but I was told I needed to contact Best-Buy since I purchased the system already loaded in the comp. The local BB tech's, sorry Geek Squad-ers, are a bunch of *sshats so I'm not going to deal with them if I don't have to.

I remember hearing a program called End-It-All but I checked and it dosen't support XP. Basically my question is am I going to have to go one-by-one and disable processes then hit standy-by. I think that would be pretty time consuming, not to mention a little hard on my computer.

I remember reading something on TGB about different types of suspend modes, but I'm not sure if it's the same as Stand-By. If so does anyone have any info or links on it?

Thanks in advance for any info yall can give.

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

im at college at the moment so i cant do this

but goto google and search 'kill all on shutdown' or sumat like that, i remember there being a registry entry to do it for u...