1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP3000+Barton....operating temperatures?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by boxwrench, Dec 31, 2005.

1. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

I just finished installing speedfan (great little utility) and was wondering if someone could tell me what the safe upper temp. limit for this cpu is? I would like to set the alarm but I am not sure as to what temp. it is now set to 125 degrees F.and the temp. has yet to rise above 115 degees even after extensive use at 90-100% cpu usage. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. B.W.

2. sagara

sagara Member

the thresh hold where the thing fries is around 85c
    i overclocked my 2800 to 2.2 ghz and it's running at about 50c (120F) at idle it's usually around 45. i'd say, any higher than 65c is too hot

3. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

Hey Sagara, Thanks for the quick reply. I guess its safe to assume 125f should be ok then. B.W.

4. sagara

sagara Member

yeah, it should be safe. a bit warm imo for stock settings. but deffinetly safe

5. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

OK,I changed it over and it's idling at 43c I guess I should get use to using the metric measurements!(never to old to change)I've got six fans in this beast not counting the two in the psu it should run as cool as a cucumber, maybe I'll move it from it's location so it can get some fresher air.Thanks again! B.W.

6. sagara

sagara Member

yep, no prob. hell you've got way more cooling than i do haha. which reminds me, my new rig will probably want a couple more fans since i'll be overclocking both cores to 2.5ghz

7. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

Speaking of overclocking,I've got "warpspeeder" and I can't get more than 2.5 out of this thing before it reboots so I just run it stock.I'm no real gamer I just like to push the envelope a bit,I figure, I built it and if anyone's going to break it I will!L.O.L.

8. sagara

sagara Member

well, even at 2.5 i bet the thing isnt' very stable. i could overclock mine to 2.3, but it hates it and fails prime 95 after 5 minutes right now it'll pass it until i stop the test (i let it run for 14 hours after i got the settings just right)

9. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

Yea, your right about that it was not stable at all,it's running happy at 2200mhz right now.I think I'll leave well enough alone.I'm going to go down in the basement and build a platform to set it on,get it off the floor and away from the heating vent a little.That might get me a couple degrees cooler. Take care! B.W.

10. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

After installing my thermaltake volcano 12, my 3000 went from 125 to 113. Good investment...the fan speeds are adjustable from 2300, to 5500 rpms. I have it set at 3000.

11. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

I'm using the volcano 10+ and have got it setup in auto mode the speeds range between 4000 and 4950rpm and it is pretty quiet,which is different from what I've heard about these fans.Have not compared it to anything else yet though I do have a Zalman cnps3100-plus I might try if things get out of hand. Cheers! B.W.