1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XSoftware's Video Vault: Do we like it?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Whisperer, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Whisperer

Whisperer Regular member

Dudes & Dudesses,

Any one used the new XSoftware's Video Vault yet? "From the same people who brought us DXC"!?

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/6525.cfm
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/video_vault_review.cfm

Verdict? Do we like it? Unprejudiced responses appreciated more than die-hard-loyal-to-one-package opinions. ;-}

This will only work with XP?? I am on 2000 SP4, Apollo chipset MB because I like it's stability. The only loaded softwares on my backup-only box are the "origianal DXC":Final version 1.5.2.[never trusted Platinum or Express], CloneDVD2, and AnyDVD.

Best regards,
    Whisperer

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  2. jrhome

jrhome Member

Installed the trial version and immed. ran into a problem - either you can store NTSC or PAL DVDs, not both. Makes it useless for music DVDs which I want to store in a library as these DVDs vary in format so I'd only be able to store say half of my DVDs in the vault. Obviously format conversion is unacceptable... way to time consuming - I'd spend more time filling the vault than ever listening to it.

Am looking for other alternatives - cannot find yet in which case I'm thinking of using DVDShrink and store the ripped DVDs into seperate folders per DVD... will work but a bit archaic. Am also researching other DVD "cloners" because I like DVD Shrink a lot but there is always noise that it isn't the best quality and I obviously don't want to re-do this work once I got all my DVDs on disk.

Any suggestions on alternative Vault or Rippers?