1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xtender xenium ice install help newbie??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by ninjas, Mar 10, 2005.

1. ninjas

ninjas Member

I just bought a new modded xbox online, and I have never opened an xbox before. The unit I have has a 250gb hard drive, supposedly a xenium ice chip (when I click xenium it says I have a fake or cloned chip). I just purchased the xtender and I want to install it myself.

Questions:
    1. Some soldering may be necessary, I have read the divineo install guide. If I do have the right chip, do I need to solder?

2. All I want to do is add an addional hd to store my music (120gb of it and my pictures). I can access it via file sharing, but I would rather put it all into my music folder and have it inside the xbox. Later I may want another hd for movies. What steps do I need to do , considering I really don't know much about xbox hardware and I don't want to mess up my xbox?

I also have the newest version of slayers and avalaunch.
    I have added a chip to an playstation back in the day and I am familiar with mIRC and flashFXP.

2. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

the xenium chip is fake. its a cloned chip. and to uninstall the chip there mioght be a little desoldering but im not sure depends on if its a solderless chip or not. for step 2 im not sure. you could use mirc and go to #xbins a chanel that you can conect to under pretty much any efnet server (whichever is closest to you). and go to there help chanel and ask some people there. but otherwise im sorry i cant be of more help.
    pacman33

3. ninjas

ninjas Member

Thanks for your help.
    1. Does it matter that its a cloned chip?
    a. I mean more or less is its functionally the same or should I uninstall it and buy the actual chip?
    2. Even if it is close in functionallity to the real chip do you think the install of the xtender is different than installing it to a true xenium Ice chip?
    a. I bought the xbox premodded online and I have contacted them, but they will not respond or refund, just fyi.

4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005