1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xtreamer help please!!

Discussion in 'Media tanks' started by gunx01, Jan 17, 2010.

1. gunx01

gunx01 Member

am a noob so please bare with me!!

Just received my Xtreamer and have updated to latest firmware.
    I have installed a Samsung 320Gb hard drive.
    My Xtreamer is connected via ethernet to my router.
    I am running Windows Vista Home Premium.

All I want to do is to copy my movie files to the Xtreamer HDD from my PC.

I have tried to FTP but some files copy and some dont....when they dont copy I lose my connection to the Xtreamer and my Internet. I have to restart my PC in order to get the connection back. I have tried to diagnose the problem when Windows asks to diagnose but to no avail, it just states I need to contact my isp or administrator. Sometimes the files just stop sending half way through and again I lose all connections to my Internet and Xtreamer.

Another way I have found is if I go to Network\MYXTREAMER\Xtreamer\sda1, I can drop files into there but again most of the time I lose all connections half or three quarters of the way through.

Is there a way for my Xtreamer HDD to show on the 'Computer' window where all my other drives are listed? This way all I have to do is drag and drop files.

Also dont understand why I also lose my internet connection after a file has failed to send to Xtreamer??

Thanks

2. pkelly213

pkelly213 Guest

i am trying to copy files to the HDD,through PC and from USB connected to xtreamer, no luck with either, upadted the firmware and formatted the HDD, still nothing.

HELP.

3. gunx01

gunx01 Member

Maybe a case of the HDD not working properly with the Xtreamer.

If you go to the Xtreamer website there is a list of compatible and non compatible hdd's. Go to forums and do a search (don't think i'm allowed to put the link up!!).