1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XviD and small screens. (no full screen)

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by flying, Jun 13, 2003.

1. flying

flying Member

Up until Just an hour ago i had no problems playing any movie file. Well i installd the drivers for my vid card so i could play the movies on my tv and all of a sudden whenever i play a vid file i canot get it to go over a certain size. it will start out playing normally but then will jump down to a smaller size. to see a screen cap of it go to www.awh.kicks-ass.net/WTF.gif that is a screen cap of the prob im having. (the cap is of both screens) no matter what i do i have not been able to get my full screen back. That pic is of the full screen and that is all i get.

Oh btw the pic may take a sec to load (its kinda big) and the black around the movie is what i see on the screen. It is supposed to be in full screen mode at this point but this is as big as i can get it. Once again thanks for the help.

I have uninstalled every codec and player on my pc other than win media player. If i try to play some files now i get an error that it was unable to decompress or that it is an invalid file format. If i install the the XviD codes and the AC3 audio decoder i get the same problem as before. (the small screen) All files that do play without these codecs installed will play fine and will maximaze to full screen now without a problem. So it seems as if i have narrowed it down to those 2 codecs the XviD and the AC3.

2. flying

flying Member

Ok fixed it. Thanks to all who applied (sarcasm) In the XviD folder is a program called AviC.exe. Run that program and in the top drop down box select xvid in the second drop down box select divx then navigate to the file you are having problems with and check to make sure the setting have not changed then click apply then exit the program. Start the file movie and full screen to your hearts content.