1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid asd

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by mdadalt, Aug 24, 2006.

1. coldet

coldet Member

None of that helps much if they don't allow postings relating to their compression info.

2. ertnemz

ertnemz Member

Well, it's seems that, you have to figure it out by yourself :p

3. pohu

pohu Member

Hey i'm kind of new here, but could someone email me a copy of that english version pdf on guides in how to create an video with the 'Xvid asd' format !!!

thanks in advanced :D

4. GtGonzo

GtGonzo Member

Folks I dont know about converting these XVID ASD files but I went to http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/download/
    and downloaded the "Free Download " pack.
    If I just try to run the files now they execute with WMP and play fine.
    A DIVX player and converter is included in the download pack and the whole lot instals together but I havnt tried them yet.
    I will let you know what results I get

5. lancem

lancem Member

I attempted the method below and it wouldn't work. The Twopass - first pass would only export audio and second pass would only slightly reduce the size of the file. Would somebody be able to post the PDF or email it to me so i can post it.

6. zapph

zapph Member

Hey, guys. I know it's been a while since anyone's posted in this thread but, since it's the reason I decided to sign up, I figured I would go ahead and say what I have to say about this.

First: I love (XviD ASD) files. I think it's great to be able to put an entire season of 24 - plus a couple of movies, too - on a single-layer DVD. I've never had any trouble playing these files on my computer or on my $40 Wal-Mart DivX DVD set-top player. As far as quality is concerned, I'm watching them on a 27" CRT TV and they look fine.
    Second: I decided to rip and transcode a couple of my DVD box sets and used settings similar to the (XviD ASD) files. I say "similar to" because, as has been said, how they actually do it is some sort of "trade secret". I put both season 1 and season 2 of "The King Of Queens" onto a single-layer DVD, along with all of the bonus features and the two episodes with commentary tracks - for a grand total of approximately 54 22-minute episodes. They play and look just as good as many of the regular-sized "scene" releases I've gotten.
    Third: To get those "similar to" settings, I simply use AutoGourdianKnot, which should be readily available and easy to find. It is a front-end for VirtualDub with a much easier to understand interface and it allows you to specify what size you want the finished product to be. There's a drop-down menu for choosing 1/4 cd, 1/2 cd, etc.. There's also a spot for you to type in what size, in megabytes, you want. I've transcoded many videos, either from DVDrips or to shrink the size of existing AVIs, using AutoGK and have never had any problems with it. No synch issues, or anything. There have been times when an AVI isn't recognised by AutoGK. When that happens, I use SUPER(c) from erightsoft to re-encode the video, first. AutoGK only seems to work with DVDs and AVIs (as far as I know) so, for other file-types, I use SUPER(c), first, to make them AVIs, then use AutoGK.

(Whew! I didn't expect to type that much when I signed up. :) )