1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XVID AUDIO PROBLEMS WHEN PUT ONTO DVD

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by DODGER08, Jan 31, 2008.

1. DODGER08

DODGER08 Member

hi thanks for looking..
    ive search but no joy my problem is i have a xvid (avi) file now it plays fine on pc .. but when i burn the file to dvd or cd as data so i can watch it in my standalone divx player i loose most of the audio.. what im sayin is the background audio is there but the dilouge audio is really quite .. im stuck on this any help much apprciated .. i have lots of xvid, divx and avi files ..that play fine on pc and player but just lately im gettin this problem when burn to cd or dvd

cheers DOD ;)

2. attar

attar Senior member

Try 'normalizing' the avi audio before conversion.
    If you use method 1 (AVIUtl), it's a Japanese program and you have to switch the language to English.

http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/normalize_avi.html#method1

"To change the language proceed as follows:
    Start AviUtl.
    Select the first menu from the left (where there's usually "File"), then select the 2nd
    option from the bottom, and in the menu that will pop up select the 2nd option from the top.
    Then in the new window that will open select English in the dropdown list. Close and restart Aviutl."

3. DODGER08

DODGER08 Member

im not coverting it .. im just d/l and burnin it

4. jimbozo

jimbozo Member

If it plays fine on the pc but not on your divx player, then the audio may not be properly interleaved, to fix this load the file into virtualdub-mp3 freeze select direct stream copy for audio and video and save as .avi. ( The default settings automaticaly interleave the audio )