1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid audio problems

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by igo, Mar 9, 2004.

1. igo

igo Member

hey guys, ive downloaded a video file with xvid compression but i dont know which is the audio compression and i cant hear unless i have my speakers too loud, what is happening? is there anyway to fix that? id like to burn it but with that audio problem its somehow annoying having to raise the volume so much.

thanks,

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

to find out what audio compression ur file uses you can download 'g-spot codec information' which tells you exactly what you need to know about your file

but as for the volume being low so you have to crank your speakers right up has me at a loss

it could be many reasons, it could be that the source youve downloaded off has done a piss poor job of encoding the file, it could be that your speakers/soundcard have a technical fault (but i doubt that), it could also be a codec conflict (but still im doubting that cause if it was a codec conflict you'd most probably get shuddering audio if anything)

hmmmmm this has stumped me this 1, but i'll go out on a limb here and say its probably the source youve downloaded off thats giving you grief

just 1 question, have you ever come across the same problem when youve downloaded other xvids or any other format for that matter???