1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid avi won't play: DIB codec not supported.

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Bas80, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Bas80

Bas80 Member

Hi all!

I've got an avi file that won't play. Avicodec sais it needs the Microsoft DIB codec, wich is not supported. I cannot find a download for that. GSpot tells me that this file is not compressed at all (FourCC : DIB _RGB; name: BI_RGB Raw Bitmap) and I shouldn't even need a codec, it should play just fine. Well, it doesn't, I get the infamous ClassFactory error.

I've tried reinstalling my codecs as advised on this forum, but that didn't help. Dunno what to do about it, and I'd really love to see this movie, so I hope someone can help me!

Thanks in advance.

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Here is a link I just picked up in another forum:

http://www.avi-vcd.com/download/Media-Player.exe

So, we need to test it right? Give it a try; they have some nice video converters there, too.
    Regards
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]IT Technician BSc MCSA
    XP2500+Barton 512MB PC3200[/small]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2004
  3. lumaom

lumaom Guest

I went to the web site you've recommended and downloaded the Media Player.exe but when I opened it prompt me to install a new media player. Is this new Media Player supposed to solve the wvid avi. codec problem? Please advice. I can't play movie files with WMPL due to codec problems (avi.) and I though this download would solve it, but I'm afraid to download another player into my PC, unless it'll provide a solution to the codecs issue. Thanks in advance. I'll wait for your response before procceding.