1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid bad frames crash computer in vdub, file wont play either

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by shpinx, Jun 29, 2003.

1. shpinx

shpinx Member

ive got a movie encoded in xvid, and when i try to play it it says cant find decompressor or file is corrupted on windows media player and just crashes in divx player. now i know the right codecs are installed, i tried checking for bad frames as most the guides say, but the only thing that happens is the computer crashes while scanning for errors when this is done through any vdub, vdub mp3, or nandub, but the video file does open although with the error msg many users get about the audio vbr or someting.

i also tried divfix and avifix but to no avail. the file is still corupted. can anyone please help me?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

That happens from time to time especially with the divide by zero errors that pop up with xvid. Depending on how long the "affected" frames are you can cut them out of the movie. If its a significant portion i would just recommending reripping/redownloading

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Where did you get these files?? Please dont say kazaa!

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Probably hehe

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Cant stand when people say kazaa! lol but if it was kazaa go ahead and say it no point in not replying!