1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid codec doesn't work

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by snc, Feb 14, 2003.

1. snc

snc Member

Many before had this problem.... "When I play XVID files through my Media player, BSplayer or whatever... I get a green screen at the beginning and the video always playback merged in to each other and making "fragments". Some films had only black screen and music. I have installed the XVID Codec through the Nimo Codec pack but I still get this problem. "
    My solution wasn't to use the ffdshow as many said it works, but I had to uninstall ffdshow! That means to exclude the ffdshow in installation process e.g. of Nimo's codec pack._X_X_X_X_X_[small]-=\SNC/=-[/small]

2. spike1050

spike1050 Regular member

i havent had any problems with XviD movies you could try downloading the codec from the offical website @ http://www.xvid.org

3. deathman

deathman Guest

I have the same problem, under XP

I tried nimo codec pack 9, Xvid codec. It's still the same

It's seems to came from the installation of WMP 9.

Or from the RV9 free codec

Please help

4. spike1050

spike1050 Regular member

i that problem when i first installed WMP9 whenit was first released but since then i have installed a fresh copy of it get it from http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm and uninstall that RV9 free codec (never heard of it probably a load of ****) then install the codecs again contact me at sean_milliken@hotmail.com if it still doesnt work and i will help you through msn if needed :)