1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid Conversion Problem

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by jola, Feb 19, 2004.

1. jola

jola Member

Hi - this is my first post so Hello!
    I wasn't sure where to post this but tried here as I think I have an Xvid problem not software.
    Anyway, I wondered if you could please help me with a big problem I have.
    I am trying the NEO DVD trial which for the past week as been ok but today has developed a problem.
    When loading an Xvid, the bottom half of the preview screen is green which transfers to the finished result. The Xvid plays perfectly ok in media player in it's original state.
    This problem only occurred after I d/l the KL Codec pack at the advice of the AVS Video Converter help team which totally removed my xvid.dll.
    I ask NEO help but wondered if anyone had had similar trouble.
    I have also tried using Cucusoft (which usually works ok) With this app and the Xvid, the preview pane produces 4 small screens of the movie at the bottom.
    I have now removed every reference to Xvid and reinstalled the codec I used before the KL Codec one.
    I've checked the integrity of these files with Gspot and Virtual Dub and all shows up ok.
    If I load a Divx in these apps all is well so this seems to be isolated to just Xvid's.
    If anyone could tell me what I've done I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Jola

2. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Your first problem was installing the codec pack. Don't get me wrong, K-lite is one of the better ones but these packs generally wreak havoc on your computer. Especially if you don't know how to register and un-register specific codecs that may be causing conflicts. Also I find it extremely strange that you were advised to uninstall xvid in the first place. I don't know what those guys were thinking. For now, I think installing FFDSHOW will solve your problem.

3. jola

jola Member

Thanks Teegee for the reply - sorry I've been away for the week or I would have replied sooner.
    Anyway I've taken your advice and will be geeting on with it shortly.
    Thx
    Jola